In order to run the project efficiently, Judy and I need "Limited Access" to your data. This will allow us to see your matches and offer you advice. Most of you will already have "Limited Access" assigned automatically but here is how you can double-check.
First, sign in to FTDNA, hover over your name in the top right, and click on Privacy & Sharing ...
Next, click on the Project Preferences tab ...
Next, scroll down to the Gleason/Gleeson project and click on the orange Edit button ...
From the drop-down menu beside our names, select Grant Limited Access for both myself and Judy ...
Once you have done this, click on the green Accept button ...
Then click on the green Confirm button ...
And that's it - your project preferences will have been saved. You can go back in and change these at any time.
A complete list of what is and what is not viewable by Project Administrators for each of the three different access levels can be found on a separate FTDNA Learning Centre page here. In relation to the Gleason/Gleeson DNA Project, we need to look at your Y-DNA data primarily, but also your autosomal DNA data (i.e. Family Finder). If you do not grant us "Limited Access", we won't be able to do the following:
- we won't be able to see what tests you have done
- we won't be able to see any of your personal pages (the ones you see when you sign in)
- we won't be able to see your Y-DNA matches
- we won't be able to see your SNP marker results
- we won't be able to see your Family Finder matches
- we won't be able to assist you with product upgrades
- we won't be able to assist you with some of the technical aspects of the website
- we won't be able to assist you in managing your results or webpage
So to help us run the project efficiently, and give you the level of help we would like to, please change your Project Preferences access settings to "Limited Access".
As always, please email either Judy or I if you have any questions or need any help.